Here’s a small cultural arts guide, including the top five operas of America, so that you know what to catch and what is worth seeing. Here is the list of cultural arts guide to operas in America:
• La Boheme by Giacomo Puccini—One of the most loved operas of all times, it is inspired from the ‘Rent’ and showcases the sad story of a how a girl dies of TB.
• Carmen by Georges Bizet—About a gypsy girl who simply loves Don Jose. But, love isn’t that simple ever, is it? Love turns to fights soon enough resulting in the girl’s death. Its famous songs have touched all corners of the world including the Habanera, and the Song of Toreador.
• The Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart—This is the second part of a larger comedy play on Figaro and all the events in the opera transpire within the duration of a day. That itself is a wonder worth watching.
• Der Ring des Nibelungen by Richard Wagner—A combination of various operas woven into one, this one is known for the soul-touching music that Wagner creates.
• La Traviata by Giuseppe Verdi—A love story that is shattered by the horrors of TB, in the time when that was still a fatal disease.
These operas will make you fall in love with them. You can watch them online but try watching a re-enactment in person. A cultural arts guide will call it a blunder if you choose otherwise. Above all, it is these performing arts theatre shows that people come to watch from far and wide.