Most people invest in fixed annuities Connecticut to meet their long-term financial goals, in most cases to make their life after retirement easy and hassle free. But due to unforeseen situations, you might at times have to draw on the assets to meet your short term hardships. In this situation, it is best to seek loan against the fixed annuities Connecticut. But there are many regulations that you need to satisfy. Here are few steps to borrow against the fixed annuities Connecticut.
1. Call the insurance provider to know whether the fixed annuity Connecticut is “qualified annuity”, that is it is a retirement account as per the IRS.
2. Confirm if the insurance provider offer loans against the policy. If yes, inquire about the rate of interest.
3. Ask for the ‘Borrow Against’ form. Remember, there is no need to be concerned about the credit check when you borrow from yourself.
4. As per the IRS you can borrow only 50% of the annuity value.
5. You need to obtain the consent of your spouse. It is mandatory as per IRS requirements as it will directly impact them after your death.
It is must to return this loan within five years. In case you are not sure about the procedure of obtaining the loan against fixed annuity Connecticut, seek help from an expert.